Seasonalise your social media
It’s time to get creative, keep your business on-trend and get your audience in a festive mood!
- Dress up your profile photo to have yourself or your logo with a Christmas hat
- Create some holiday specific content – Festive images, gift ideas, interactive posts and helpful holiday tips
- Feature your special offers and end-of-the-year-promotions
- Share with your followers how your team celebrates Christmas!
- Communicate shipping cut-off-dates and closure dates
Spice up your emails
It’s nice to always thank your customers and the holidays are the perfect time to do it.
- Add a banner at the bottom of your email signature with your Christmas Closure Dates
- Set up a festive out-of-office message
- Reward loyal customers with a unique code or deal to them
- Schedule an email to wish your customers a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year
Add a festive flair to your website
Add some seasonal elements to your website to get visitors in the holiday mood.
- Change your website’s header, background or your main banner for an easy festive touch
- Create a ‘Gifts under $25 guide’ or ‘stocking stuffers’ collection page to promote on socials
- Create incentives to follow links to your store with discount codes
- Hold a contest / giveaway and promote it on socials
Ensure you clearly communicate: Shipping cut-off-dates & holiday closure dates / operating hours
Run special offers
It’s no secret that a lotttt of money is spent during the holiday period. Customers are searching for the best deals possible.
- Highlight any special offers and promos your business has in your search ads
- Contests and competitions are a great way to drive engagement on your social media account and drive traffic to your website
According to AusPost’s 2023 Inside Australian Online Shopping Report, there is a huge growth in online shopping post-pandemic.
82% of Australian households shopped online in 2022
5.6m households on average made an online purchase each month